Want to read Going In-Depth magazine, but don't want to commit to a subscription? Purchase the PDF for your own use!
Here's what is in this issue of the magazine:
- FROM THE STACKS: “October is American Archives Month!” By Melissa Barker, The Archive Lady
In the archives world, October is American Archives Month in the United States and archives across the United States hold programs to highlight the wonderful records in their collections. It is also a time for genealogists to pay closer attention to the archives where their ancestors are found.
- GENEALOGY, BY GEORGE! “Maximizing Your Library and Archive Research Visit” By George G. Morgan.
Become an effective on-site researcher, and how to make the most of your time spent at libraries and archives.
- PHOTO BASICS: “Every Picture Tells A Story: Searching for Harry's” By Maureen Taylor.
Every picture does tell a tale, if you study the clues in the picture. People, places, and things are key to our understanding of a picture, but that’s not the whole story. It takes more than pictorial evidence to fit a picture into family context.
- MODUS OPERANDI: “They Lived Where? How to Tackle a New to You Research Location” By Cheri Hudson Passey.
Don’t let a new location, religious or ethnic group be a stumbling block. You can learn the best practices of research in these areas and keep climbing your tree!
- GENEALOGY DOWNUNDER: “Australia A-Z — Adoption” By Shauna Hicks.
This month begins a new theme in our exploration of Genealogy Downunder, looking at 26 different aspects of Australian family history research in Australia A-Z. This month it is A for Adoption.
- “A Look at Cemeteries in California's Eastern Sierra” By Gena Philibert-Ortega.
Learn about the diverse and different cemeteries of this historic region.