Want to read Going In-Depth magazine, but don't want to commit to a subscription? Purchase the PDF for your own use!
Here's what is in this issue of the magazine:
- Specialized Studies & Projects: “Look Before You Leap to Ensure a Smooth Landing, Part 2” by Tessa Keough. Last month Tessa discussed types of studies, as well as determining parameters, aims, your audience, and the necessity of planning with your specialized study. This month she focuses on some tools to use with your study.
- Unexceptional Ancestors: “Leman, Clara, Isaac and Judah Cohen” By Jenny Cowen. Jenny’s ancestors seemed to be unexceptional, but once she Googled “Leman Cohen” and was directed to a court case she was surprised to learn the depth of the life he led. After several hours untangling the facts of a court case, she finally understood the reason for the Cohen family’s woes. In this article she shares what took her from a simple research project to a more interesting endeavour.
- Genealogy TV
- Genealogy Downunder: “Finding Ancestors in Digitised Publications: Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory” By Shauna Hicks. Family history is closely aligned to local history and Shauna’s articles look at online resources that help to place Australian ancestors within their local communities. We continue our journey with the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory (Canberra) and remember that some territory-based resources may also be applicable to the Australian states.
- Ramblings Through Irish History: “The Act of Union” By Jenny Joyce. While many people in Ireland wanted to see the Act of Union with Great Britain repealed, others were implacably opposed. The journey towards Home Rule would be a long and difficult one.
- The Archive Lady: “Read the WHOLE Paper” By Melissa Barker
- Modus Operandi: “Deed Records—A Trail to Our Ancestors” By Cheri Hudson Passey. Not just who sold what to whom, deeds can help us discover so much more about our ancestors. Have you used this resource in your research? Find out why and how!
- Conferences & Institutes